Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Dating Game

I mean, it's difficult enough in your own culture... but try adding foreigners and a language barrier to the mix.

Take last night for instance:

Random French Boy: Hi, I'm ____.
Me: Hi, I'm Texas.
RFB: Do you want to sleep with me?
Me: Um, what?! No. I just met you!
RFB: But I am top model.
Me: So?!
RFB: Why do you wear make up if you don't want to sleep with me?


I don't quite understand. Is this French "game?" Does introducing yourself and then offering sex EVER work? Honestly? I mean, maybe if you were like "Hi, I'm Brad Pitt" (and really were Brad Pitt), I could see it working. But you're not.

Then there are the boys who are instantly trying to be your boyfriend, husband, whatever.

Take my new friend, Steve, for example. He called me his "boyfriend" (haha) before even knowing his name.



Not until a couple hours later did I find out that Steve actually has a girlfriend. He even played me their song from his cellphone. (BTW- no one has iPods here. They all use their cellphones.)



I am just left wondering- are you saying this stuff to me because I am American or do you does this actually work on French women?

<3

2 comments:

Raine said...

lmao "but you have makeup on"

<3 lorraine

rdeleon99 said...

haha. do French girls wear makeup?