Sunday, February 3, 2008

take two

The second week began with a walk around Le Marais, one of the only areas open on Sundays, at Bastille. I included links below a lot of the pics, so if you want to read more about it, click away!

Colonne de Juillet

Photobucket
(History of Bastille)

Sunday strolls at Place des Vosges, the oldest square in Paris

Photobucket

Photobucket

Basically this sign is saying that all you can do is walk your bike or pick up trash

Photobucket

(History of Vosges)

Party people

Photobucket

Apparently you can take these bikes for free for an hour, and then it's one euro after that. Sweet!

Photobucket

Door

Photobucket

A friend told me about this place, Breakfast in America, that we had to check out.

Photobucket

Just what I needed- a cup 'o joe and a dr. pepper.
Did I mention there are flexi straws everywhere?

Photobucket

I've got to find out what this store is.

Photobucket

This is Starbucks.

Photobucket

This is the Hotel de Ville where the mayor lives and city hall. Not bad, eh?

Photobucket

Carousel in front of the Hotel de Ville.

Photobucket

(Info on Hotel de Ville)

This has me quite confused:

Photobucket

Fontaine St. Michel

Photobucket

Notre Dame

Photobucket

Palais de Justice

Photobucket

Institute de France

Photobucket

Metro art nouveau sign at Rue St. Maur

Photobucket

(Abesses)

Rad things I've seen in the subway:


Every station has different chairs. It's really bizarre, but I like this one because it looks like a smiley face.

Photobucket

Buy, sell, trade?

Photobucket

Sexuality

Photobucket

Hair-dos

Photobucket

<3 My favorite ad <3

Photobucket

I'm seriously convinced this is not physically possible no matter how flexible you are.

Photobucket

Chairs... on a bench...

Photobucket

Sometimes you just need to go to Hard Rock Cafe and have Long Beach Iced Teas in the Nu-Metal corner.

Photobucket

Then you might want to find somewhere cheaper, like this place, Hetfeeld's.

Photobucket

3.50 euro ($5.20) for a pint and 5 euro ($7.50) cocktails! hell yes!

Photobucket

This is Claude. Ask him for the Claude Special. He looks tough, but he's really a sweetheart.

Photobucket

Hump day celebration

Photobucket

Cute

Photobucket

Le Petit Palais

Photobucket

Le Grand Palais, which was too grand for a photo

Photobucket

Pont Alexander III leading to Les Invalides

Photobucket

(Les Invalides)

Sunset

Photobucket

Chillin on the Bridge

Photobucket

(Grand Palais, Petit Palais, Pont Alexander III)

I found an American deli not even a block from my apartment!

Photobucket

Balmain, where some of my evenings are spent

Photobucket

How I've been spending my mornings

Photobucket

Ann helps me get dressed

Photobucket

Check out my rack

Photobucket

A preview

Photobucket

bisous!
<3

No comments: