Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 Days in Paris

While I was in Paris, I actually saw posters for this movie and idiotically brushed it off. Julie Delpy, of Before Sunrise/ Before Sunset, wrote, starred, and scored this movie which is about a mid-30s couple spending two days in Paris after bad holiday in Italy and before returning to New York. She plays Marion an impulsive Parisian born photographer and Adam Goldberg is her boyfriend of 2 years, a neurotic hypochondriac interior designer from New York. This is such a telling story of the two cultures, and what I appreciate most is Delpy's understanding of her own culture. Sometimes the hardest place to look within is yourself. There are many other reasons why I loved this film... so go watch it and let's talk about it!



<3

1 comment:

jessica maria said...

I've been wanting to see this movie for the longest time; I love Delpy and seriously IN LOVE with Before Sunrise/Sunset. Thanks for reminding me :)