Friday, June 13, 2008

Cleared

It seems as if everyone is talking about R. Kelly's acquittal. A lot of people don't like R. Kelly for many obvious reasons. I am not one of those people. He cracks me up. Anyone who can sing the word "booty" for thirty straight seconds kind of rules. I thought I would dedicate this post to some of my favorite R. Kellyisms.

On R. Kelly:
"Cause hey, I'm black, handsome, I sing, plus I'm rich
and I'm a flirt...
...Let me remind you that I am the king of RnB"
- From "I'm a Flirt"

On how to get pretty girls:
"If you order one bottle, you get one model
If you order more bottles, you get more models"
- From "Make It Rain"

On different social groups:
"Playas gonna play
Ballas gonna ball
Rollas gonna roll"
- From "Feelin On Yo Booty"

On girls vs weed:
"Girl, you got that sex weed
I just want to hit it all the time
Sex so good that it gets me high
Bring that home grown to me
Girl you got that fire weed
Light it up, let me take a puff
Of your sex weed"
- From "Sex Weed"

On girls vs. cars:
"But hey pretty girl I'm feelin you
The way you do the things you do
Remind me of my Lexus coup
Thats why im all up in yo grill...
...I'm bout to take my key and
Stick it in the ignition"
- From "Ignition"

On his general philosophy:
"I don't see nothing wrong
With a little bump n grind"
- From "Bump N Grind"

"Now, now, now
See you got to understand stepping is not just a dance
It's a culture
It's the way we live
It's what we eat, think, and breathe"
- From "Step in the Name of Love"

On six degrees of separation:
* See entire lyrics for all chapters of the hip-hopera "Trapped in the Closet"

On "The Secret":
"If I can see it, I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly"
- From "I Believe I Can Fly"



Some singers are gangsters.
Some are drug dealers.
R. Kelly just wants to have sex.
That's cool with me.

Also, I think this trial should be made into a movie.
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=318765>1=7702

<3

No comments: