Monday, June 30, 2008

73

I actually have come to appreciate not having digital cable and a billion channels in which to drown myself. I've learned to enjoy the basics- Bravo, TBS, Food Network, Telemundo... We've even begun a movie day recently based on TBS... like how to get from RV to Con Air in 4 movies (RV to Hook to Paris, Je T'aime to Con Air in case you were curious). However, a funny thing happened yesterday. We turned on the TV, and there was no TBS! It was CNN Headline News! How were we supposed to watch Dumb and Dumber?!

Now we also have the Disney Channel, Raimundo, the LMN, MNN, and something new and amazing... I don't even know what it's called except Channel 73. Suzie-Q was VJing Reggae's Top 10 and discussing in between videos political issues like security cameras. There were commercials for Golden Krusty and the most spastic juice commercial I've ever seen in my life. A couple hours later they were showing a documentary on life in Jamaica. Alas, 10 hours later Channel 73 became a Chinese station, and TBS had finally returned.

Today I found this video. The girls are dancing a traditional African dance, the Mapouka. Enjoy!



<3

No comments: